Tips for crafting the perfect message for your next holiday greeting card
Every year our clients come to us for help with crafting the perfect holiday greeting for their company. We understand that selecting the appropriate words to include is often the trickiest hurdle, so we offer help with choosing the perfect way to say what it is they want to say through custom-designed greeting cards and seasonal emails.
As a business, you want to be somewhat generic so as to not offend anyone's beliefs but you also want to be genuine and unique enough to stand out and capture the recipient's attention. The last thing you want is for your card to be lost in the stack or trashed immediately because it lacked that attractive sparkle and sincerity.
Before sending out a special thank you note, holiday greeting card or New Year message to employees, volunteers, clients and customers and before stressing out over what proper phrases to include take a look at the following tips and turn this yearly challenge into a fun and heartfelt deed.
- Tailor your approach according to the closeness of the business relationship with any certain person or company. For example, some circumstances may only require an all-in-one card that includes a thank you and a friendly greeting for the holidays and the upcoming year. For other, more significant business relationships, you may want to consider separate greetings to really let them know how much you appreciate their business.
- Determine whether or not you have the time and resources for hand-written cards to each individual. If you don't, no need to fret. You can always order pre-printed cards with a standard greeting and your company name inside. But remember, if you choose to pre-print your holiday greetings, be sure to address envelopes and sign names by hand whenever possible.
- If you communicate strictly by email with a particular person or company, it is acceptable to send out notes and holiday greetings by email. This is obviously not the preferred approach, but sometimes it is the easier and more cost-effective option. Refrain from using generic greetings, however, such as Dear Customer.
After you decide on the right approach “taking into account funds, time, resources and the number of recipients “it is time to reflect on the words themselves. Here are a few of our favorite phrases and greetings that are warm, friendly and business appropriate:
- Thank you for being our valued customers. We wish you a beautiful holiday season and a blissful year's end.
- Sending you warm wishes of gratitude this holiday season for your ongoing business, support and referrals. Happy Holidays!
- As the holiday season approaches, we'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued partnership. It is business associates like you who make our jobs a pleasure and keep our company successful.
- May your holiday season and the New Year be filled with much joy, cheerfulness and success. We look forward to working with you in the coming year.
- Season's greetings from someone who always remembers someone special and important as you!
- Best wishes for a happy holiday season and our sincere thanks for your loyalty and goodwill throughout the year.
- Warm wishes for an enchanted holiday season.
- One of the real joys of this time of year is the opportunity to say thank you and to wish you the very best for the New Year.
- Wishing you all the gifts of the season. Peace, Joy, Hope.
- Wishing you a festive holiday season and a very happy New Year.
- Happy New Year. May you soar into the new year filled with health, happiness and prosperity.
- Happy Holidays. This season, may you be blessed with laughter, peace and love.
- Live each day like it\'s a holiday, being thankful, spending time with family and friends, and looking hopeful toward the future.
"Have a Pawsitively Tail Waggin' Good Day!"
P.S. This information was provided by Ruff Haus Design - Your Loyal Marketing Companion. Established in 1997, we are a special breed of full service graphic design company that works with a premier pack of clients. We bring a fresh outlook and tail-wagging enthusiasm to your marketing program. Learn more about how we can help improve your brand management and support your marketing needs at www.ruffhaus.com